Saturday, October 4, 2008

Secret past...haha

I found out my father’s secret by accident today. I was cleaning up his documents today and found and old letter. It belongs to my dad and it was from Japan. It was dated long before I was born and from the cover I was sure the letter was from a lady.
So curiosity got better of me and I read the letter. Of course without getting my father’s permission. Sigh…I am becoming busy body lately….I wonder if it’s the influence of blogging.
Back to the letter, it was from a women from Japan. It was a love letter and I wont reveal the content because it was personal and kind of romantic. It got to do with summer, hand made sweater and flowers. And my father caught me reading the letter………

I apologized immediately to him and he just laughed. Anyway I asked my dad about the lady in the letter during dinner. He hesitated but my mom revealed the real story. Apparently my father was really active with youth clubs when he was young. So he was sent to Japan on one of the occasion. So father took a cruise from Penang to Japan. It was 2 -3 months long journey. He was introduced to this pleasant Japanese lady during the cruise and bla…bla bla. You know the rest of the story (imagine titanic movie). I was surprised to know that my dad had a romantic love story behind him. You are so cool dad. Anyway the relationship was not approved by his family. And the rest are history.

Anyway he treasured the letter so far but I am not sure what he is going to do with it after this. Perhaps I should contact the lady?? I mean introduce my self as his son to the lady? Or just let the past be history?? Confused as usual again

1 comment:

ahseng said...

mebe the lady has a daughter. good 4 u guna