Thursday, October 16, 2008

I just thought bout it.....

This word is definitely one of the most hated words by the students. However, exams are important part of students’ life at school. We have always heard from our parents that exams decide our future so much that we have started to believe it. My whole life I have been led to believe that exams matters the most. So exams have become a source of motivation for me to keep interested in learning.
I have my concerns regarding examinations. I am sure that the exams are made to suit the average population in the society. Plus every one is made to do the same exam so that we can compare people regarding certain parts of knowledge. Reading bout Gardner and his multiple intelligence theory, I can’t help to question the reliability of standard exams. Gardner says that each individual is different and they experience things differently. He talks bout 7 intelligences that we tend to ignore in the current education system. However, our exams (local exams) test chiefly on linguistics and mathematical intelligence. But not all of us are gifted with this ability on intelligence. But we need a standard exam so that we evaluate people on a same platform.
My lecturers have a different point of view. YOU NEED EXAMS. That’s what they told me. As for me, I am still wondering why we need them. Guess I still got some way to go before finding the answers to my questions.

Are exams fair for everyone? I let you people decide

No comments: