Sunday, September 21, 2008

Thanks 4 SB

Last Friday, I had a great class with 4SB. We were doing the short story ‘Looking for the Rain God.’ It’s an interesting story where people killed 2 innocent girls (Neo and Boseyong) because they were desperate.

So I played the narration of the short story for 4SB ladies. They were listening to me patiently. I guess having 2 lecturers observing did some trick there.
Anyway towards the end of the lesson, I asked them to come up with a role play for the short story.

Following was their tasks:

Role-play a police interrogation scene based on this story. The scene must include

Ramadi
Mokgobja
Tiro
2 police officers

Come up with your lines for the scenes and use the points below to help you:

Ramadi: What you first felt at the thought of sacrificing the girls
Tiro: Why you agreed to the sacrifice
All characters: How you feel after the act of killing the two girls
What/how you feel now

4SB ladies took some time with this activity. But they did an awesome job.

Special praise goes to

Farah- you were so natural with your part. I mean not many people can act as well as you as a not so straight mom. Congrats for being yourself.

Fiofa- Your name just came up in my mind. Thanks for constantly reminding the other ladies to be in control.


As for the rest of the ladies, it was a great day for me. I had lots of fun with all of you that day. THANKS

Ps. Su Wei, 4SB is different from other classes. I have got to admit that. And yes, I will be fair with my students. See you on Monday.

No comments: